December 18, 2019
The AR-556 with Lite Free-Float Handguard is a minimalist approach to achieving maximum performance. Ruger's Lite, 13.50" handguard is trimmed to save weight and improve support-hand grip access. A B5 Systems Bravo stock and Type P23 grip anchor the rear of the rifle with effective, no-slip textures and ergonomics to get you on target. A cold hammer-forged 16.10" barrel, mid-length gas system, Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger and ambi selector round out this new package.
Ruger AR-556 with Lite Free-Float Handguard Features:
- Lightweight 13.50" aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. The top rail has been docked in the center for improved grip access and reduced weight while maintaining Picatinny at the front and rear.
- Flat top upper receiver features a Picatinny rail for easy attachment of magnified optic, red dot or open sights.
- Made from 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forgings, shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier. The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated and the key is staked for longevity.
- The Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a faster lock time for improved accuracy.
- Lower receiver is fitted with B5 Systems Type P23 grip and Bravo collapsible buttstock on Mil-Spec buffer tube.
- Cold hammer-forged alloy barrel with 1:8" twist rifling that provides exceptional accuracy with bullets from 35 to 77 grains. M4 feed ramps and 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. The barrel and 1/2"-28 Ruger flash suppressor have a matte black oxide finish to reduce glare and provide corrosion resistance.
- Ruger muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Mid-length gas system provides smooth operation at a lower gas port pressure than a carbine system.
- Also includes: one, 30-round Magpul PMAG magazine.
Ruger AR-556 with Lite Free-Float Handguard Specs:
- Model Number: 8542
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Stock: B5 Bravo
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Barrel Length: 16.10"
- Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Feature: Lite Free-Float Handguard
- Handguard: Lite Free-Float with M-LOK Attachment Slots
- Twist: 1:8" RH
- Capacity: 30
- Receiver Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 7.20"
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Overall Length: 33" - 36.25"
- Length of Pull: 11.13" - 14.38"
- Grooves: 5
- Suggested Retail: $899.00
For more information, visit ruger.com.