LWRCI announced the release of its first pistol-caliber carbine - the SMG-45. This highly-anticipated SMG model combines the company’s experience on the AR platform with an innovative delayed-blowback/short-recoil operating system that delivers a unique pistol-caliber carbine shooting experience.
“We listened closely to shooters, operators, and customers throughout the development of this exciting new platform for LWRCI,” says David Ridley, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “The SMG is truly a ‘Step-Up’ pistol-caliber carbine that offers our customers innovative features and comfortable ergonomics in a compact package.”
Built from the ground up around US-manufactured UMP magazines, the SMG-45 is a completely new PCC in .45 ACP that features many of the same controls and performance attributes found in LWRCI’s luxury gas-piston AR lineup. LWRCI’s commitment to craftsmanship and design excellence is clearly evident in the SMG-45: the firearm delivers the high performance that discerning shooters demand alongside the quality and innovation that customers have come to expect from LWRCI.
Constructed of advanced aluminum and steel alloys and protected with hard-coat anodizing, ferritic nitrocarburization, and nickel-boron surface treatments, the SMG is built to last. Features on the SMG include a signature fully-ambidextrous lower receiver with AR-style controls for the safety and bolt catch/release, a paddle magazine release, the LWRCI Ultra Combat Grip, and an LWRCI Enhanced Fire Control Group. The upper includes an 8.5” cold- hammer-forged CrMoV steel barrel, LWRCI’s familiar Modular Rail System with LWRCI Rail Panels and Hand Stop installed at 3/6/9 o’clock, Magpul MBUS Pro sights, and more. The launch configuration for the SMG-45 is a pistol equipped with the SB Tactical SBTi folding subgun brace. The SMG-45 ships with two 25-round magazines.
To coincide with America’s Independence Day the SMG-45 Pistol+Brace began shipping on July 2 and is expected to be ready for retail from an authorized LWRCI Wholesale Distributor or Premier Dealer by early next week.
LWRCI SMG-45 FEATURES
- Fully Ambidextrous lower controls: AR Selector, bolt catch, grip and hammer/trigger allows easy operation for right or left handed shooters.
- Innovative Paddle Style Mag release makes for easy load and magazine change. Fully ambidextrous.
- Initial offering configuration will come with an SB Tactical Folding Subgun Brace with LWRCI Adapter. The SMG is incredibly compact - folds down to a mere 15.3"
- 8.5” Cold Hammer-Forged Chromoly steel barrel.
- User-Configurable rail system - including Picatinny segments, sling adapters, polymer rail panels, offset mount.
- LWRCI Rail Panels at 3, 6, and 9 with a hand stop on the 6 o'clock rail.
- Ambidextrous Paddle Style Magazine release for easy load and magazine changes.
- New & Improved LWRCI Advanced Fire Control Group
- US-manufactured UMP magazines; SMG ships with two 25-round mags.
- Lower capacity magazines are available to comply with state or local jurisdictions.
- LWRCI Ultra Combat Grip for ultimate grip comfort LWRCI Advanced Trigger Guard
LWRCI SMG-45 SPECIFICATIONS
CALIBER: .45 ACP
WEIGHT: 5.9 LBS
O/A LENGTH: 15.25”-26”
BARREL LENGTH: 8.5”
FOLDED MUZZLE THREADS: .578-28 RH
RIFLING: 1:16 RH/ 6 GROOVES
For more information on the LWRCI SMG-45, visit www.lwrci.com.