March 26, 2021
By Firearms News Staff
Yesterday evening in Atlanta, Rico Abednego Neequaye Marley was discovered in a Publix supermarket restroom allegedly loading one or all of the following firearms: Maverick 12-gauge pump shotgun, Taurus G3C 9mm pistol, Mossberg MC2C 9mm pistol, Glock 43 9mm, and/or a Taurus 856 .38 special revolver. A person who entered the restroom heard a firearm being loaded, in a restroom stall, and alerted security. The witness also saw an AR-15 rifle leaning against the wall. All firearms were fully loaded when Mr. Marley, who was wearing a ballistic vest, was taken into custody.
The following has been taken from the official police report:
Atlanta Police Department Case # 210831077 - Incident Report
REPORTING OFFICER: Laszlo Szutor #5383 Mar 25, 2021 07:02
On March 24, 2021 at 01:41 pm Lt. Joyner came over Zone 5 radio and advised that he received a call from Atlantic Station Security that someone was residing inside the restroom of Publix. with an AR-15 style rifle.
I, SPO. L. Szutor (unit 2501) and Officer A. Cole (unit 2501B) responded to the location code 3. I stopped my patrol vehicle (Vehicle number 34224) short of the location to prep myself for the call. I removed my city issued rifle from the vehicle and put on my ballistic helmet and bail out bag on. I then drove and exited my patrol vehicle near the Publix store. I approached the front left entrance door which was close to the restroom where the accused was possibly located. As I was walking through the left front door and entered the store, the accused was coming around the corner from the restroom from a few feet away from me. I immediately ordered the accused to put his hands up and don't move to which he complied. The accused appeared to be surprised when he saw us that close to him. He was then detained without any incident. The accused was then searched. Upon searching the accused I recovered 6 loaded firearms. The accused had on his person 4 handguns. Taurus G3C 9x19mm pistol (S#: ACA483874), Mossberg MC2C 9x19mm (S#: 012125MC), Glock 43 9x19mm (S#: BKSM472) and a Taurus 856 .38 special revolver (S#: ACB511594) was recovered from his clothing from his person. All semiauto pistols had rounds in their chambers, and the revolver was fully loaded. I then looked inside the accused's bag and I recovered a loaded DPMS AR-15 style rifle (S#: FFH129807) and a loaded Maverick Arms Modell 88 12 gauge shotgun. Both of these firearms had rounds in their chambers as well and were loaded. At the time of detainment, the accused was wearing a body armor on his body.
The victim/witness I interviewed, Mr. Charles William Troutman Russell stated that as he was entering the man's restroom inside Publix, he heard clicking sounds from the bathroom stall. It sounded to him like someone was loading firearms. He also told me that he saw an AR-15 style rifle leaned against the wall. He rushed out of the restroom and notified the Publix staff. Publix staff called security. By the time I arrived the store appeared to be evacuated. Lt. A. Joyner and Lt. J. Foore (2591) responded to the scene. Atlanta Police Homeland Security and ATF Task force also responded to the location. ID Tech S. Davis 7333 photographed the scene and evidence. Grady EMS 699 also responded.
ATF Task Force took custody of all firearms and ammunitions, 2 cell phones, 1 body armor, 1 ski mask, 1 bag, 3 keys. Mr. Rico Abednego Neequaye Marley was transported to the CNN Precinct for further processing and paperwork. The accused, Mr. Marley was charged with: Criminal Attempt To Commit A Felony (OCGA: 16-4-1) 5 counts. Possession Of Firearm During Commission of or Attempt To Commit Felony possession (OCGA: 16-11-106) 6 counts. The accused was transported to Fulton County Jail.
Questions that need to be answered quickly:
- Who is Rico Abednego Neequaye Marley?
- What was he doing in a grocery store restroom with six loaded firearms while wearing a ballistic vest?
- When and where did he get the firearms?
- Did he have the money to purchase six firearms valued at approximately $2,500?
- If he has no job (legal or illegal), and if his family or friends did not loan him the money, who gave him the guns or the money to buy them?
- Why did he do this? It does not appear to be a robbery.
- Why so many guns? Was he waiting for others to assist him?
- Is he affiliated with any political or religious groups which would be in favor of killing a large amount of people? If so, who specifically was he targeting?
- Was he paid by some political interest organization to use a variety of firearms in order to further the destruction of the 2nd Amendment? It's highly coincidental that this event would take place during a time when the 2nd Amendment is in jeopardy – not seen at this level for almost three decades. (Communists and leftists have called for civilian disarmament for over 100 years.)
- Is he part of a larger group? Are more mass shootings planned?
- How did he expect to get away with this? Was he promised some escape plan by someone?
Firearms News is following this story closely so be sure to check back for updates.