Springfield SAINT 5.56 Pistol Announced
October 14, 2019
Due to the popularity of the SAINT Victor and SAINT Edge pistols, Springfield Armory has announced the new SAINT Pistol chambered in 5.56mm NATO.
The new Springfield SAINT 5.56mm Pistol is designed to offer shooters the quality and performance they expect, but at an even more affordable introductory price point ($849 MSRP). The pistol has many upgraded features, ensuring it delivers value and making it an ideal firearm for personal defense and home protection.
The Springfield SAINT 5.56 Pistol features a balanced 9.6-inch chrome moly-vanadium barrel that maximizes ballistic performance while still offering compact dimensions. The adjustable premium Trinity Force Breach Brace provides enhanced stability and meets ATF requirements for pistol classification.
Hard-use durability and rock-solid reliability are hallmarks of the SAINT Pistol. The barrel is fully Melonite coated for both durability and corrosion resistance, and the forged 7075 T6 upper and lower receiver ensure never-fail strength for the lifetime of the gun. Additionally, its M16 bolt carrier group, machined from Carpenter 158 steel, is shot peened and magnetic particle inspected for long-term durability.
The upper receiver has an optics-ready, flat-top design ready to receive your optic of choice. In addition, the pistol features a pinned Picatinny rail-topped steel gas block that will stand up to a lifetime of use, and allows the SAINT Pistol to accept the iron sights of your choice. Springfield Armory’s noteworthy Accu-Tite tension system ensures a tight lock-up between the upper and lower receiver.
An exclusive BCMGunfighter PMCR two-piece handguard with M-LOK-compatible attachment points features aluminum heat shields and a built-in handstop for comfort and safety. This pairs up with a BCMGunfighter Mod. 3 pistol grip for exceptional handling. The Springfield SAINT Pistol 5.56mm weighs in at only 5½ pounds, unloaded, and measures 25.75 - 28.25 inches long.
Springfield SAINT Pistol Specs:
- Caliber/Cartridge: 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 REM)
- Magazines: (x1) 30-Round Magpul PMAG Gen M3
- Barrel: 9.6-inch CMV, Melonite, 1:8 twist
- Sights: NIA
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Trigger: Enhanced Nickel Boron Coated Single Slide GI
- Upper Reciever: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Forward Assist, M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Accu-Tite Tension System
- Handguard: BCM Gunfighter PCMR, Forward Handstop, M-Lok
- Gas System: Direct Impingement Carbine-Length, Picatinny Pinned Gas Block
- Receiver Ext: SA Pistol T6 Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum
- Bolt Carrier Group: M16 w/ Carpenter 158 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine "H" Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Charging Handle: GI Style
- Pistol Brace: Trinity Force Breach Brace 1.0 Std. Pistol
- Safety Switch: Single Side
- Trigger Guard: BCM Gunfighter
- Pistol Grip: BCM Gunfighter Mod. 3
- Length: Extended 28.5 inches / Collapsed 24.6 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds, 8 ounces
- Item#: ST9096556BM