June 20, 2020
Speer has taken its law-enforcement proven Gold Dot G2 hollow-point bullet and modified it to create a new product line called Gold Dot Carry Gun. This specialized ammunition is designed to provide superior feeding, ballistics and terminal performance through compact handguns. Speer’s new Carry Gun lineup includes 9mm 135-grain, .40 S&W 165-grain, and.45 Auto +P 200-grain loads. Shipments of this new product have begun to arrive at dealers.
“Most shooters believe that a defensive bullet—any defensive bullet—will perform well in typical self-defense situations. But a duty bullet that is designed and optimized for a full-sized duty handgun may not perform to the same standard when shot from a short-barreled carry or backup gun,” said Federal Handgun Ammunition Product Manager Chris Laack. “By taking the Gold Dot G2 bullet and customizing it to function in short-barreled defense pistols Speer has created a self-defense load truly optimized for the guns in which it will be carried.”
Gold Dot Carry Gun features the original G2’s exclusive bullet nose design. Instead of a large hollow-point cavity, it has a shallow dish filled with a high-performance elastomer. On impact, the material is forced into engineered internal fissures to start the expansion process. The result is extremely uniform expansion, better separation of the petals, and more consistent penetration across barrier types. Speer Gold Dot Carry Gun also utilizes the use of quality nickel-plated cases that feed dependably, advanced powders that perform consistently, and a sealed CCI primer that is sensitive and reliable.
For more information on all products from Speer or to shop online, visit www.speer-ammo.com.
- Gold Dot G2 bullet design optimized for compact carry pistols
- Shallow dish nose cavity filled with elastomer and structural-plated, pressure-formed core improve performance through barriers
- Extremely uniform expansion and penetration when fired through short barrels
- Exclusive Gold Dot construction virtually eliminates core/jacket separation
- Quality, reliable components and consistent accuracy and performance
Part No. / Description / MSRP
- 24260 / 9mm Luger 135-grain Gold Dot Carry Gun HP, 20-count / $28.99
- 24259 / 40 S&W 165-grain Gold Dot Carry Gun HP, 20-count / $30.99
- 24258 45 Auto +P 200-grain Gold Dot Carry Gun HP, 20-count / $33.99